Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back to our regularly scheduled whining... I mean venting

So when summer rolled around I was ready to do nothing for a week or two because I was exhausted from the end of the year running.  We did that well.
I then read several great blogs about summer schedules and thought it was genius... we don't do well here left to our own devices at times. 
 So I made a plan, at least in my head & we did not do it in June.  I blame this partly on my husband's business trip (I am very good at rationalizing my lazy & poor behavior/parenting).
For July I had big plans.  Well it is now the 26th and well we have not done so well this month either.  The boys are playing a lot and well together more times than expected which is great.  But, we have not tried a new recipe each week with them helping me cook nor done an art day each week or the other things we had planned.  But I still have time people and I will make some of this stuff happen even if it kills us all :)

In other failure news here is this tidbit.  Last night at about 11:30 when I was checking my email and getting ready to blog (the hubs was super excited about that by the way) I said, " I need to pick when I am doing book club ... I could do it this day before school starts but then we have only been in the new house like a week so I probably won't be ready or I could do it the week school starts but will that be okay with people?" And Bill said, "What?"  So I explained it all again and he was looking at me like I was insane so I said, "What?  What do you think?"  He said well I would go with the second since the first one is my birthday.  Then he walked/stalked away... and I was yelling, " I would have remembered soon ya know"
In my defense it was late, I was tired and had only had 2 cokes that day.  In his defense he has every right to be super irritated because he always wants to go to bed early and I never do, I often forget important dates like our anniversary, his birthday and lastly I am not great at birthdays.  I would be irritated too.  In fact if he mistakenly was thinking of planning something on my birthday I would probably flip out...he just looked at me like I was nuts.  Because I am.

So honey when/if you read this I am sorry that you are married to such a flaky night owl.  Much love!

Big plans for August people ... BIG plans :)

Oh and since I am so good at making plans and sticking to them I am going to do a list of 101 things in 1001 days.  I discovered the idea via Joyce who found it via her daughter Shannon.  Who wants to join in and see if we can accomplish something?  Or 101 things :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, it is summer so don't be too hard on yourself. Like you said August is right around the corner. I'm making a list like my daughter did...I like the idea of a far off date. I also procrastinate : ) Her list is so fun and young and hopeful. Mine is not so much but I'm working on it. I finally had a procedure done yesterday that I was supposed to have when I turned 50 (I'll be 52 soon) and I told her I'm totally putting it on my list and crossing it off-ha. It was something hanging over my head and feels good to have it done! Good luck with your list...let me know when you post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun project. 101 things in 1001 days. I will check that out. Make plans for August and all will be well. Sounds like the boys will remember summer for the fun they are having together. I am lost without making my calendar of birthdays each year and I check it all the time! Thanks for stopping over and how sad to lose those family ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's summer...you're not suppose to stick to a schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by! I'm excited to see your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for dropping by!