Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Music Monday published on Tuesday

So because I am lazy but still want to post more than I do I decided to do Music Monday.  Super original right?  I also LOVE music so there is that :)  My tastes are super super varied.  I listen to just about all of it.  Country, pop, classical, rock, and even some rap.

I stumbled upon this song and I really love it and play it over and over.  My kids want to listen to Alvin & the Chipmunks but there are only so many times I can hear that before I want to throw it out the window.  It almost took flight last week.  So I have been declaring large portions of time these days
as "mommy music time".

I love the song because it is just upbeat and happy.  I smile every time I hear it.  I also love the lyrics.

Make You Smile by Catherine Papworth

We know nobody's perfect
We all gotta work at it
No one can see you, show us the real you
Oh and I just want to see you smile,
So hang with me awhile and soon you'll be laughing out loud
Stand up child because better things are coming your way
Sing it out loud no matter what they all say

Those are part of the lyrics.  I like it because I am really trying to teach my kids right now some of those very things.  No one is perfect and we are all trying to do better.  Stand up, be yourself no matter what.  I think being confident in being you is one of the key things a child needs to learn, feel and do.  I am in my thirties and I still work at being comfortable in my own skins sometimes or in new situation.  I struggle and I don't want them to do it so if a song can help that is fabulous.

Here are two links to the song.  It is much better if you can hear it rather than just read about it but I had a hard time finding a really good link so here is two.  One is a live recording. 








 If you have a song that you are loving right now leave the title and artist in the comments so I can check it out.  Hope your week brings you lots of smiles!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for dropping by!